Meta Labs Broccoli Sprouts Extract delivers 600 mcg of sulforaphane daily, equivalent to eating about a
1/2 pound of fresh broccoli. A number of studies have shown that a diet rich in cruciferous vegetables
such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage and cauliflower can be beneficial to your health.
Researchers have isolated a key component of broccoli called sulforaphane, which may have many
protective properties. Sulforaphane, an isothiocyanate, is believed to stimulate enzymes in the body.
- Broccoli sprouts extract can help the body detoxify carcinogens
- Broccoli sprout extract can lead to an increase in the protective enzymes
- A compound found in broccoli could help prevent or slow the progress of the most common form
- Broccoli sprouts protects arteries from the clogging
Broccoli-Sprout Extract Shows Promise for Easing Autism Symptoms. Results of a small clinical trial
suggest that a supplement derived from broccoli sprouts can ease the core symptoms of autism in some
people with the disorder. The chemical – sulforaphane – is best known from studies suggesting that it
helps prevent certain cancers. The results of the 18-week assessment showed that:
* 46 percent of those who received the active treatment had significant improvements in social
* 42 percent had significant improvements in verbal communication.
* 54 percent had substantial decreases in abnormal behaviors.
Most of these individuals began showing improvements during the first four weeks and continued to
improve during the rest of the treatment. This included improvements in irritability, lethargy, repetitive
movements, unusual mannerisms, hyperactivity, awareness and communication. Four weeks after the
treatment stopped, evaluations showed autism symptoms returning to pre-treatment levels.