Compliance with California Supply Chain Transparency Law (California Senate Bill 657)
META-LABS, INC is a natural products company that is committed to ensuring the use of natural products wherever possible.
META-LABS, INC also has a strong environmental program and is taking steps to reduce its carbon footprint and improve the environment (you can read about our environmental efforts here). As a company that cares about our products and how they are manufactured, META-LABS, INC is also concerned about the use of child labor, slavery and other forms of human trafficking by its suppliers. If we come across verified cases of such activities by our suppliers during our audits or otherwise, we will discontinue using these suppliers, and will work to find other suppliers. To date, we have not come across any such indications from suppliers that we have audited for quality assurance, or otherwise. Nevertheless, we are in the process of taking further actions to verify the integrity of our supply chains with regard to the risks of human trafficking and slavery. In compliance with the above California law, at this time META-LABS, INC does:
- engage in verification of product supply chains to evaluate and address risks of human trafficking and slavery
- conduct audits of suppliers to evaluate supplier compliance with company standards for trafficking and slavery in supply chains
- require direct suppliers to certify that materials incorporated into the product comply with the laws regarding slavery and human trafficking of the country or countries in which they are doing business;
- maintain internal accountability standards and procedures for employees or contractors failing to meet company standards regarding slavery and trafficking; and
- provide company employees and management, who have direct responsibility for supply chain, training on human trafficking and slavery, particularly with respect to mitigating risks within the supply chain of products